In December 2019 I was awarded a PhD by the Evolution and Ecology Research Centre (EERC) at UNSW Sydney, where my research focused on the rapid evolution of introduced plants. At the moment I am employed as a Research Assistant in the EERC and continuing my research. I am also currently spending one day a week volunteering at Planet Ark environmental organisation as part of the National Tree Day team.
Recent highlights / news:
- Winner of the prize for Outstanding Evolution and Ecology Postgraduate Researcher of 2018 at the EERC annual awards (March 2019).
- Winner of the prize for Outreach and Communication in Evolution and Ecology at the EERC annual awards (March 2018).
- Winner of the 3-minute Thesis Competition at the Postgraduate Research Forum run by the School of Biological, Earth and Environmental Sciences (Nov 2017).
Further details on awards, scholarships, collaborations and conferences are available here.
- MSc course and thesis in Conservation Biology (HE Joosub award for top student)
- BSc (Hons) Zoology (Wayne Rendell award for top student)
- Environmental Scientist – Sinclair Knight Merz, Sydney
- National Survey Co-ordinator – The Bat Conservation Trust, London
- Molecular Systematics Research Officer – Royal Botanic Gardens, London
- Biological Control Research Officer – Zoology Dept, University of Cape Town